Sunday, October 19, 2008

A thought about forums

I know it has been awhile since I have posted. Let's just say my life has been very busy. A friend of mine runs a Peter and Gordon fan site and I have been helping her with it. For those of you who don't know who they are, or do and want to know more. Please visit:
http://peterandgordon.us/

Now, I would like to take the time to discuss the topic of Taylor Hicks
forums. As most of you know. Taylor Made Soul, one of the largest and well known forums. Is closing it's doors. This is the second forum I have seen go down in recent months. I know there are still many out there for you to choose from. I have many sites listed on my other site. The Taylor Hicks Times.

http://thetaylorhickstimes.org/

With this in mind, I often wonder why people feel the need to choose one forum over another. Oh if I go to this forum I must stay away from any other one or I will be unfaithful. I am sorry but were all adults I believe or would like to think. So why is it we have to play the games of children?

It is because of my graphics that many people know me. Not because of my forum. http://therealdealforum.com/

Most (not all) forums I have visited, have deleted any posts or comments I have made in regards to The Real Deal. Why? Because it is another forum and not the one I was visiting.. shame on me! For letting others know about another Taylor fan site! There are many who have commented on what a good forum it is, however they do not return. Why? They have often told me it is because they call "such or so" forum "home" and feel no need to venture out. Please people... venture , it might do you some good to make new friends!!!

I will tell you this about my forum. It is a free speech forum. The only rule to that is, your opinion must be stated in good taste and do no harm to others. Because I refuse to turn my forum into a battle ground. I do not take
sides. Just because someone is a friend of mine, does NOT mean I wont kick there
butts out if there not following the rules.

To be a forum owner is not an easy task. Especially if you design the graphics and the layout yourself. So to only see a handful of people posting, only to find out its because they don't want to get in trouble with another forum owner.. is just plain absurd!

If you decide you want to stray a little and try to make new friends.. then try my forum. There is no rule there that states you only visit my forum only or you will be banned....If you don't go to my forum. Then let me know why. ideas are always helpful!

Ok with that out of the way... here is my latest graphic!
Photobucket

Click on photo to see full size

9 comments:

  1. I have visited and become a member of several forums. TRD is my favorite only because you run it so well, Jodie. I have made alot of friends. Yes, most of them are at the TRD but still, it's been fun to see how other forums work. To see how the members of those forums interact with each other so on, so forth. TRD will be my home but it's nice to venture out occassionaly and see what's on the net.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great graphic of my favorite artist. I try to visit and comment on a number of sites including yours. Its nice to drop by for a breath of fresh air. :)

    Thanks for the variety and for hanging in there. .

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do a great job with your forums! I think (as far as people not visiting regularly) that it's a "time" issue - more than an "I already belong to another TH forum." Of course, I suppose one could say that that is the same thing!

    There are only so many hours in a day (as you well know!) and if people are active in one or two boards, they often just don't take the time to explore new sites. I know I'm guilty of this myself. But I think you're a very talented lady, and you do an exceptional job with TRD. It's helpful, when you do post a "reminder" every once in a while on other sites (like the BB) so that peeps like me will remember to drop in more often. Kudos on your new graphic! I'm in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your graphics are always so positive and beautiful. They make people smile and that is quite a gift. I agree with azure's post that it is more a time issue. Like most of us, I work full time. Know that your artistic talents are appreciated and admired.

    cypfan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for your kind words. I love making graphics/web sites. If I didnt I wouldnt have so many lol.
    I do fully understand about time issues. I take a lot of pride in my forum and I hope with winter coming, more people will venture on over.
    Im happy knowing everyone enjoys my graphics :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your forum is very nice- I've visited a number of times, but sometimes I've only time to visit one or 2 places, and I tend to go to the forum that gets the news first. For me, that forum is the Boogie. so I go there first, and if I have time, I will visit other places.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a member of a few Taylor Sites and yes it is hard to visit all of them but on certain days I manage it, I love the Real Deal, the people there are wonderful and one can get very comfortable there and he one thing I really like is that everyone takes the time to get to know everyone else.

    As far as your graphics, I can honestly say I love them, they are always so great and so with the times persay. You do a great job of your forum and your graphics and I for one am proud to be a member of the REAL DEAL.

    One more point, I am also a member of a very small group and we do have our own board and I do post your graphics there and invite others to join the Real Deal, everyone has always loved your graphics and no way would they be deleted..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank-you Sandy for all those kind words.
    I do want to take the time to exsplain somthing. I noticed there are a few people who seem to be taking some of my words personally.
    I want you to know that I totally understand about being to busy. People have a life and sometimes there just isnt enough time in the day to have "Me" time.
    When I wrote this blog, I was acctually thinking about those whom I have spoken to personally. Asking them why they have not visited my forum. When asked they replied with " I have a home" "I don't need another one"
    It struck me as odd that people would feel the need to be "Loyal" to one board or another.
    Lubiana,
    As you know, I am a member of the Boogie. I enjoy it there. It's a wonderful place! I always get a warm reception there. As I said, I understand about "Time" issues!
    Thank you to all who commented!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jodie, I love your forum and everything associated w/it. Im sad to say that I dont visit as often as I should. I go to RHS for the photos and my main source for info is NESP. Im proud to say Im a member; those gals rock! I adore all your graphics and think they are very creative. I wish I could be that creative, but Im not well-versed in PC lingo. So, I leave it up to you all who pour their heart and soul into what they love! In fact, Im looking for a screen saver and I know youve got a few of them. Im sick of looking at the flying Windows logo! Id much rather gaze at Taylor! Oh, I also adore your toolbar! I use it everyday! Simply, you rock it, Jodie! You do! Keep on doing what you do, Sweetie, cuz we all enjoy it! **muah**

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free to Post Your Thoughts