Sunday, January 4, 2009

A New Year will bring forth happiness for many Taylor Hicks fans

First we still have the Grease Tour! As most of the world knows by now. Taylor is playing the role of "Teen Angel". As a teenager myself, when Grease first hit the theaters. I could not get enough of it. At one point in time. I do remember my Mom getting upset with me because I wanted to stay to see it just one more time. Of course it was very late at that time and she wanted me to come home. However my "grease" calling was far to strong and I stayed to watch the movie anyway. (such a bad girl). Now as an adult I of course bought the DVD. By now I know every song by heart and can do the hand jive. With all that in mind. Knowing that I adore Taylor, I always thought it would be wonderful to be able to see the two together. A dream I never thought possible. Until I got a phone call from a wonderful friend of mine. She told me that a few of my friends had gotten together and were making it possible for this dream to come true. With the help of my partner all the puzzle pieces were fitting together. So now, I will be on my way to see the musical I love and meet the man that I have admired since his 2006 win on American Idol. You see, I was never able to go to any of his concerts. Because I fell ill at the time. I really thought my dreams of seeing him perform, let alone meeting him in person. Had been washed away.


So yes, this graphic designer want to be. Will be meeting old friends for the first time, and finally getting to meet Taylor personally. Now that is what I call a great start to a New Year!



On March 10th, we fans have a new Taylor Hicks CD to look forward to. I for one am in so much anticipation of what this CD will bring I could burst. I am excited because I know this is Taylor's first CD with his own creativity embossed on it. No Idol bosses telling him how it has to be. Only
Taylor saying how it is going to be. As excited as I am. You know I had to do some art work to
promote it. I hope you enjoy them and make good use of them. They are free to plaster where ever you can.


(Please click on photo to enlarge)


The Distance Wallpaper



Some Promotional Banners





There you have it folks! You can bet that when I get back from Chicago. I
will have a full re cap! Until then..

Keep The Jive Alive and Support Modern Whomp!



6 comments:

  1. I have nothing but joy for your coming adventure and hope to read about it all soon. Don't leave ANYthing out!
    Taylor has a way of making everything feel better. I'm always looking for somewhere to sit because my legs hurt so bad but twice now, I have stood thru his concerts with nary a twinge. He should bottle it!!
    Dinah aka Linn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful beginning to your Taylor New Year! You are such a devoted, deserving Taylor fan and I am so very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are getting to go to the show. Have fun at the Meet & great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank-You all, however is it normal to be THIS nervious?????

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO happy for you! (and excited, too!) You deserve it. Have a most wonderful time.
    -(possumrider)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just letting everyone know. I am back from Chicago.. what an adeventure. Will be blogging it soon!

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free to Post Your Thoughts